okay but this smile
has been only for john
from the very beginning
Can we just talk about this movie for one minute? I’d been meaning to go on about the freaking Croods for a really long time
Eep is one of the prime reasons that I respect Dreamworks more than Disney (while i adore both DIsney and Pixar). This is one of the first times I’ve ever seen a female lead that doesn’t fit your stereotypical “princess” expectations. Even Merida, while she was a big step from typical perfect, petite princesses, still had the pretty dresses and the nice figure and even some beautiful—albeit unruly—hair.
But Eep, man—Eep is the female that’s resembled me the closest. A naturally frizzy poof of hair, less than perfect teeth, wide shoulders, even broken, sometimes dirty nails. But the thing about her? She embraces that. She’s proud of who she is, and doesn’t change—even for Guy’s sake.
And granted, she has flaws, other than physical ones. She’s boy-crazy, and pretty impulsive. And another thing that separates this film from Disney? Her traits begin as a major turn-off for Guy. Instead of love at first sight, this boy recoils at her (pardon the pun) crude mannerisms and family, her naivete, and her rambunctiousness. It takes a while for him to warm up to her—And even during this period, she doesn’t change just to please him.
This line in the film was probably meant as some comic blurb to make the audience laugh, but I really think it shows how far Dreamworks has come in overcoming some of these female expectations that Disney’s carved into the world of animation. Yes, Eep’s heavy. But in the world of a cavegirl, this is sensible. This means she’s well-fed, her body is thriving, and things are good.
This movie just makes me really happy to have a character proud of her “flaws”, inside and out.
Grass cells under a microscope.
THEY LOOK SO HAPPY
"the sun is our mommy and she is big and very beautiful!"
that was the cutest thing I have ever read
I don’t do this often but I have to put this video here because it’s sincerly one of my favourites. Look at him go.
I love this video and bird. Ophelia (later found to be male) is a rescue, hence the missing feathers.
And holy shit does this video fuck with my perception of avian intelligence and comprehension.
Frozen deleted scene “Never Underestimate The Power Of Elsa”
okay i’m just imagining an au where armin is gay, right, and he’s asexual, and he’s in the closet, and his lesbian friend christa is worried that people might find out that she’s dating ymir, so she asks armin for a teeny-tiny favour, and so they hit up a huge house party and barricade themselves behind a bedroom door and make loud sex noises for twenty minutes and then yank at their clothes and walk out looking all disheveled
and word gets out about this and armin begins accepting barnes & noble giftcards in exchange for fake sex with his gay girl friends, with girls who just want to get annoying, creepy suitors off their backs, with girls who don’t want to get bullied for being virgins, etc. etc. and he develops this reputation for being a total hyper-heterosexual stud (and he walks through the school wearing ray bans and a shirt with a big red A on it, blowing kisses to all his fake girlfriends)
and none of the guys can figure out why armin keeps getting laid while they can’t even get a date, and eren is heartbroken because he’s had a secret crush on armin for aeons and he always kind of thought he had a chance but now that armin is getting all this pussy he’s not sure where he stands
this is the most ridiculous post i have ever made
- romeo: im so sad
- romeo: ill never be happy
- romeo: a party sure why not ill just sulk around an- WOAH
- romeo: WHO DAT
- romeo: SHE GOT DA BOOTY
- romeo: imma dance with her
- romeo: *dancin wit teh juliet*
- juliet: dafuq are you
- romeo: shh *kiss*
- juliet: :oo
- *party over*
- romeo: AYYY LOOK I FOUND DAT LADY'S HOUSE
- romeo: LADY
- romeo: HEY LADY
- juliet: OMG HI I REMEMBER YOU
- romeo: yeah its me hey wanna get married
- juliet: dont you think its too soon
- romeo: idk
- juliet: brb
- romeo: k
- juliet: HEY YEAH LETS GET MARRIED TOMORROW
- romeo: AWW YEAH I BET THIS PUTS ME ABOVE MERCUTIO AND BENVOLIO IN MAN POINTS
- *next day*
- rome and juli: FRIAR MARRY US PLEASE:
- friar: idk and ROMEO WEREN'T YOU JUST SULKING OVER ROSALINE LIKE YESTERDAY
- romeo: yeh
- friar: ok fine ur married
- rome and juli: yaaaay
- *some time later*
- tybalt: WELL SLAP MY BUTTOCKS AND CALL ME A MONTAGUE IS THAT ROMEO
- mercutio: excuse you dont talk bout my friend like that
- tybalt: shut up mercutio *stab*
- mercutio: WAAHAHAH IM DED *he die*
- romeo: hnnn
- tybalt: ....
- romeo HNNN
- tybalt: ...
- romeo: hnnnHIYAAAA *stab*
- tybalt: oH NO IM DED AHH *he die too*
- prince: ohmygod why did i JUST tell you yesterday about fighting
- romeo: i sorry
- prince: no ur banished
- romeo: HWWHWHHAAAT YOU BANBISHED ME
- romeo: *runs to friar* IMMA KILL MYSELF*
- friar: no i have plan just go to mantua ok
- romeo: k *leaves*
- juliet: FRIAR HELP THE LOVE OF MY LIFE THAT I KNEW FOR LIKE 1 DAY JUST GOT BANISHED IMMA KILL MYSELF
- friar: NO JULIET I HAVE A PLAN you drink this potion you look dead you be put in capulet tomb until you wake up and romeo find you and you run away together
- juliet: ok
- juliet: *goes home and drinks potion*
- nurse: hey juliet rise and shi- OOOH MY GOD LADY CAPULET COME HERE OH MY GOD OH MY GOD
- lady capulet: wha- OH NOO OH NO okay lets throw her in the tomb of dead people
- nurse: k
- juliet: *in da tomb* zzZzzZZzzzZ *not actually dead just sleepin*
- romeo's servant: AYY YOO ROMEO I GOTS NEWS FOR YA
- romeo's servant: JULIET'S DEAD
- romeo: WHAT
- romeo: WHAaaAaaaT
- romeo: OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA GO AHEAD AND POISON MYSELF BEFORE LOOKING INTO THE SITUATION AT ALL OR CONTACTING THE FRIAR OR ANYTHING
- romeo: *buys potion*
- romeo: *breaks into the tomb of dead capulet people*
- romeo: oh my god its juliet wow she doesn't even look dead
- romeo: but im sure she is
- romeo: *kiss juliet*
- romeo: *drinks poison*
- romeo: he ded
- juliet: *yawning* YAWWWN oh i can't wait to see my rome- WHAT DAFUQ
- juliet: IT'S ROMEO NEXT TO ME
- juliet: HE DED
- juliet: *grabs sword and stabs herself*
- oh yeah and romeo also killed Paris in the tomb by the way forgot to add that b/c apparently killing tybalt wasn't enough
- friar: *comes in cell*
- friar: uh oh
- prince: WHAT DIS
- CAPULET: WHAT DIS
- LADY CAPULET: WHAT DIS
- MONTAGUE: WHAT DIS
- CApULET: *strokes montagues face* brother